29 December 2020

Meet the Readers: Sakda


IG: lionsakda

I can't think of a better way to finish the year than by sharing pictures from one of the blog's readers, Sakda, wearing his fundoshi while relaxing and playing among breathtaking scenery. It was a pleasure to get to know Sakda recently, and ask about some of his thoughts. 

The pictures he sent are spectacular. How nice it would be, to meet and talk with a handsome man wearing fundoshi in a green forest pool!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year filled with good fortune. Thank you for making this blog a part of your life this year. I look forward to another year of sharing pictures and experiences!

And now, more Sakda!





How did you become interested in fundoshi?

"I can recall my interest in fundoshi back when I was young, I saw an anime character wearing it. I thought it's an appealing garment yet could be worn with full dignity. 

Since then I had tried to make my own fundoshi, first I used a towel which isn't working well for the fabric is too short and too thick. Then when I realized I should use a proper fabric I bought white cotton cloth and it worked fine for a decade. I wore it to study, to work, even when sleeping and sometimes on vacation but never show it to the public.

In last few years I started photographing myself in fundoshi, because why not? I have a good time and want to keep it. Now I'm surprised I've got a nerve to wear it in public, at appropriate place of course, such as beaches or waterfalls of which I love so much."








What's your advice for a new fundoshi wearer?

"In making of fundoshi, the only material you ever need is fabric, go to a fabric store and buy the fabric you want. 

It can be either cotton or linen, you could tear them longitudinally by hand, the edge is fine and save a lot of time for cutting. if your fabric tend to fray easily just sew at the four edges. Do not hem all the edges since that gives a bad looking fundoshi and could pinch your groin from time to time. 

You don't need to buy fundoshi from the internet, they are expensive, unless you really want that piece."



How do you feel about being looked at by others?

"Wearing fundoshi in public places is hard, but here's some tips: 

First, choose a modest color, I mean if you are going to get wet, don't wear white. 

Second, be confident, walk with straight back, move intentionally, and be relaxed. People love it when you're confident considering what you are wearing. 

Third, If you're shy, bring someone with you, your boyfriend girlfriend, parents, whoever won't judge you. 

Lastly, this is optional, be in good shape, the better shape you are the less hater you encounter. Don't worry, when you're wearing fundoshi, you just want to workout, because you wish to be sexy in one.

Wear fundoshi, be sexy and be confident."





I love that piece of advice about bringing a non-judgmental friend or loved one with you if you need some extra confidence!

I wish to thank Sakda for gracing this blog with such sumptuous and sensual imagery. I can almost feel the cool water on my skin, and hear the breeze ruffling the plant fronds. It looks like such a beautiful way to spend an afternoon! 

Who would like to see more of his photos? Please leave a comment for him if you enjoy this post.

I'd like to make 2021 The Year Of Fundoshi: imagine picture submissions every month from readers worldwide, appreciating life while they wear it. 

Find out how to submit your own pictures via the toolbar at the top of the page.

Happy New Year my friends!



4 comments:

sew-he knits too said...

Sakda is the best subject to show a good looking man at ease with himself, happy and super comfortable in fundoshi

Unknown said...

Handsome guy and wonderful locations and photos

Massa Warren said...

He puts the "fun" back in fundoshi.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics! Hopefully it will become more and more common to see fundoshis worn in public!