02 August 2011

Nippon Boys: Another Fundoshi Blog!

While scouring Google for more info on fundoshi, I stumbled across another blog, Nippon Boys, that has a strong focus on fundoshi. The blog author has chosen to make it an adult blog, since there is some male frontal nudity and more of a focus on the Asian male physique than on just fundoshi alone, however it is pretty infrequent and the majority of it is tasteful (regardless of how NSFW anything pertaining to fundoshi probably is.)


What struck me about Nippon Boys was the quality and variety of photographs that are posted: many vintage photos from the Japanese army, divers and fishermen, modern shots of college akafun swims, and what look like scans from magazines (that I would love to see more of!) I've re-posted a couple here so you can get a taste of what's in store, after the jump!

Nippon Boys was actively publishing between April and May of this year -- there haven't been any new posts since then. However, if you are of legal age and want to become a follower of that blog, it might encourage the author to post more from their obvious goldmine of fundoshi photos! I'm hesitant to post the link to an "adult" site on Fundoshi 4 All!, but you can find it by searching "nippon boys" under blogs, it should be the first site that comes up.







There's no way to leave comments on their posts or contact the author, but we obviously have a kindred spirit and fundoshi-lover at Nippon Boys!

9 comments:

John said...

Thanks for reposting and for selecting some of the best photos from that blog. The vintage photos are quite interesting to be because they show how the Fundoshi, while it's really unchanged, has gone through some style of wearing changes over time. This just shows the versatility of being tied to cover more or less. Today the style is clearly to go for more of an athletic style. A fascinating view back in time and I hope he posts more.

Tim said...

That sounds like an awesome site, I'll have to check it out :) It's always interesting to see the variations in tying methods, as even though we all no doubt have our own preference and 'go to' manner of tying, it's always interesting to see some of the less conventional methods. One example, would be the guy in the akafun without the towel, and how wide the band is laid. Even when I lay the material flattened, no matter how wide, once I lay on the second layer of the pouch and then tie off the excess, it's not long before the band 'thins out' to nearly rope-thin...

Ryan Rokushaku said...

Yeah, I have no idea how he did that. Maybe tied it more like a langoti?

There are some more pictures from that same swimming expedition and I think he shows up more than once, so maybe there'll be some clues? Could it just be the particular shape of his hip?

Tim said...

I had to google langoti to see exactly what it was, but I think I've worked out the tying method :) When winding the band around the hips, keep the material completely flat at the full width, then put a single twist under the navel, then continue wrapping with it at full width. I'm also wondering if the way they mostly tend to have the surplus fabric looping at the back, I'm wondering if that might be a specific tying method for 'ritual wear', compared to the regular tying method...

John said...

I really like that look. It's very low in front and that looks great and the widening out for more coverage in the back just looks elegant to me.

EXM said...

There is something about fundoshi that truly brings out the beauty of the ideal male body.

Ryan Rokushaku said...

It's true. The two were made for eachother!

EXM said...

I can think of many beautiful male models and the like whom I would LOVE to see in fundoshi!

Ryan Rokushaku said...

Me too! Who's on your list? Anyone in particular? Maybe we can talk them into it.